Friday, December 5, 2008

Vegan restaurant meals

Here’s a quick rundown of some yummy meals I’ve eaten recently.

First up is a garlicky stir fry from Stix, with tofu, carrot, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and brown rice.



I tried a new place called Bulldog, which I really enjoyed, and I ate a great hummus plate. They had a red pepper hummus (drizzled with hot sauce) and a cumin hummus, served with some really tender toasted pita, black olives, and roasted red pepper strips.



At Pei Wei, I deviated from my normal stir fry and tried the Blazing Noodles – rice noodles in a spicy Thai basil sauce with tofu, broccoli, carrots, and sugar snap peas. Very similar to my meal at Stix, just with noodles instead of rice.



Another new place I tried and really liked was One80 in Westport. I had a gift certificate that required a minimum purchase, so I went all out. For my appetizer, I had (what else?) their hummus plate. It was a white bean hummus with some black olive tapenade, served with pita. Pretty, huh?



For my entrée, I ordered the veggie burger. That’s not something I usually go for at restaurants, but theirs sounded very interesting to me – it was a white and black bean burger, served with generous slices of avocado and some excellent, salty fries.



Last but not least, I had to have dessert. I couldn’t resist the apple tarte tatin (something I’m highly unlikely to ever attempt at home). It was rich, sweet, moist, packed with apples, and not at all vegan. There had to be butter galore in that thing, not to mention the ice cream scoop on top. Sorry guys, but I ate the whole thing.



Past leftovers...
October

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment