Friday, November 21, 2008

Almost vegan cruise, part 3

The last few of my cruise dinners were just as tasty as the first few. Here’s another curry – this one was cauliflower, and was particularly oily (in a good way).



This lovely fruit appetizer had orange, grapes, cantaloupe, kiwi, grapefruit, and strawberry topped with a passionfruit glaze.



This mixed vegetable curry contained cauliflower, potato, carrot, and green beans.



I was thrilled one night to see roasted red pepper hummus with pita as an appetizer. When it came, though, I realized my excitement was not quite justified. It was very good, but two bites of hummus is just not enough. If these people only knew how much hummus I eat at home...



My favorite non-Indian dish of the trip was this Asian fried tofu with stir-fried vegetables and a curry dipping sauce. Mmm, I still think about this one.



The last of my curries (sniffle) was chickpea, and it tied with the first one as my favorite overall. Oh, how I’ll miss these.



This pumpkin sage soup was a dreamy appetizer.



On the final night, the Indian entrée was a mixed vegetable biriyani. It was good, but not as rich and succulent as the curries I had become accustomed to.



So there you have it – a week’s worth of dinners at sea, as well as some neat foodie sights along the way. I loved the trip, I loved visiting Mexico, and I can only hope my next cruise is not too far in the future.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment